10.26.2011

FALL PARTY

Last weekend we hosted David's office over for a party. The weather cooperated and it was only in the 70's, yahoo, so we used our back patio and backyard to seat the 13 adults and 11 children comfortably.

We served Chilli, Potato Soup, and Chicken Noodle Soup and invited guests to bring a side of some kind. People brought yummy cornbread, homemade rolls, and a fabulous spinach salad.

I was really excited that the soups turned out to have good flavor and depth but I was even more excited with the dessert I made, it turned out pretty great!



This Caramel Apple Cake recipe is so amazing and even more the parts that go into making it are amazing on their own. I will now use the applesauce recipe for our homemade applesauce and if I need caramel, I will use the recipe from this cake.



It took a good amount of time, but I promise it is SO worth it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, you are just too fabulous for words! That is a spectacular looking cake - and hosting 24 people besides! I trust they were all appropriately impressed! xxo Kris

Bright Lights, Big City...Life in Las Vegas