10.16.2010

APPLES


Apple season is in full force in our house! After grabbing some apples from the local orchard I dove head first into all things apples. Applesauce, apple pies, apple tarts, coffee cake, and salads. It is so fun to live nearby to so many local fruit orchards and I am excited to be learning so much about preparing new things.

Baking does not come naturally to me (it is too precise) but I have been trying new cookies, cakes, and cupcakes all month trying to perfect the art of baked goods! I’ll keep you posted on my progress as the tutorials continue.
My first homemade applesauce turned out pretty good, just a bit thick....next time I won't cook it quite so long and it will be less like apple butter :)

The most recent addition to my baking endeavors has been a new cake plate from the Pottery Barn (insert angels singing). The cake plate matches our dishes and I bought it with a PB gift card my mom gave me for my birthday (she truly does know the way to her daughter’s heart)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous apple tart! Sounds like a wonderful Fall in the Falls! KLF

Bright Lights, Big City...Life in Las Vegas