6.15.2012

OKC

A few weeks ago David had to go to Oklahoma City for work and since school is out, I was able to go too!

We had a great time enjoying the downtown area of OKC. We enjoyed beers at the Brewery and ate dinner on the outside patio of a local Mexican restaurant....luckily we finished just before the heavens opened up and a warm, sweet summer rain poured down on us.  We capped off our "night on the town" with dessert at The Melting Pot (a fabulous fondue restaurant that is definitely not available in The Falls).

The minute David invited me to go to the "Big City" with him, I began researching stores, malls, boutiques, local shops and hole in the wall spots to find great deals.  Well, my grand plans of browsing  beautiful stores stocked with on-trend clothing and household goods, was kabashed when I threw my neck and back out of place earlier in the week!  With my shopping abilities greatly hindered, I was forced to use my time wisely (probably for the best) and finish some homework while David served as the judge for an AF discharge board.  
***To his credit, my husband did take me to three stores on our way out of town, and both of us found some great summer items! 

Our second night, we headed to grab a Chicago style pizza (you know us, we live for good pizza) and it was our lucky night.  When we arrived at the establishment, we were greeted by an outdoor concert/biker rally in the parking lot...needless to say...it was amazing.


One more city crossed off our list, great memories added to it!



No comments:

Bright Lights, Big City...Life in Las Vegas