8.25.2012

Third Grade

Well, my blogging has totally taken a hiatus in the past three weeks! I am happy to report that I am back! School starts on Monday and therefore my classroom is "almost" complete.

We had open house for the Third Graders on Thursday. It was fun to meet so many of my students and their parents. Tonight was open house for the entire school and parish community. We received a great turn out and it was nice to meet so many kind people.

I just can't believe our summer is over...I can't believe I am teaching third grade...I also can't believe that I have been blessed to be a part of this amazing school.

Our classrooms have Ebeam interactive boards, iPads, document cameras, and outstanding curriculum programs that challenge the kids to use incredible critical thinking skills.

This first week we have half days--thank goodness! It will be wonderful to get to know the kids and start our year off slowly.

Tomorrow I will go to school to put name tags on the desks and to finish a few last minute items...and to mildly freak out :) but Monday morning I will meet my 27 little humans at the door of 3A, with a bright smile and butterflies in my belly...prayers for peace of heart are welcome!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like an incredible school. Happy thoughts on your first week.

Kris said...

How wonderful! Those third graders don't know yet how blessed they are to have landed in your classroom. And noone ever thinks the teacher is nervous, so just enjoy!

Bright Lights, Big City...Life in Las Vegas