7.20.2012

AUTUMN in JULY


In a continued effort to clean out our cupboards and get rid of things before the movers came--I made some really crazy recipes...which lends itself to experiences such as "autumn in July"....

Last fall I was REALLY obsessed with baking pumpkin desserts.  Every time canned pumpkin was on sale at the commissary, I bought some.  So, now that it is July and we are cleaning cupboards/moving we get to eat the leftover cans of pumpkin...which is just fine with me!                                     
There are few recipes in the world of baking that I make again...and again..and again, but Betty Crocker's Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting are truly a recipe that we could eat every.single.day. and I wanted to share this recipe so that you could make them too! 

I have adapted the recipe a bit to suit our tastes...I don't put the raisins or the nuts in the bars, but I do double the spices and sprinkle nuts on top!  


No comments:

Bright Lights, Big City...Life in Las Vegas