7.20.2012

CHOCOLATE CUPS

 A major part of my life in the past few weeks has been creating meals and desserts that will help us use up all of those half-empty, miscellaneous cupboard items that we all have!  When you PCS, the movers will take spices, canned goods, closed packages but they won't take items that are open. 


In perusing my baking supplies, I observed that I had 4 different bags of chocolate chips...half full...that needed to be used up.  I melted them down (all together in a Pyrex in the microwave) and poured them evenly into four paper cups.  I swirled each chocolate cup, so that the sides had a nice thick coating and then I placed them in the refrigerator to cool.
Once the cups were made, I knew I needed to use up some baking goods to fill them with so I went back to the baking cupboard and found a few boxes of instant pudding.  The sugar-free lemon is one of our favorites and who doesn't like lemon and chocolate together...so I mixed the pudding and put it in the refrigerator to harden up.  

The final product turned out to be these sweet little chocolate cups (after I simply peeled away the outer paper cup) filled with lemon pudding.  

In the future I will fill them with homemade mousse or even fresh fruit topped with whipped cream, but for my purpose of using up supplies--this turned out to be a sweet little treat.

No comments:

Bright Lights, Big City...Life in Las Vegas